Monday, October 10, 2011

Ben's Baptism

After a glorious week in Albuquerque, we came home to a perfect weekend for Ben's baptism. The weather changed and we had bright, blue skies. My mom and dad and my sister Lynette came out to help celebrate. We ate Happy Donuts, watched Night at the Museum 2, rode bikes, cheered on the Cougars and besides being sad when they had to leave, I wouldn't change a thing.

Ben was sweet and quiet during the program and seemed thoughtful afterwards and even on Sunday throughout church. He has felt so much love from family and friends during his 8th birthday and baptism experience. I hope it helps him recognize the love that Heavenly Father has for him too.





Ben and Andrew have been in school classes together since they were 3 years old.
We love his family and it made the day even more special to share it with them.




Here's Ben with Grandma and Grandpa Larson. My parents and Lynette traveled
a long ways in a little bit of time and it meant so much that they were here.



During the movie, Ben snuggled up in his new, cozy "baptism blanket" from the McMullins.



And Adam snuggled up to Grandpa.


2 comments:

Ralph Larson said...

These pictures are really great because it brings the memories to life! We sure did love sharing the day with you and your beautiful family! You make occasions really very special Janet! Good job and thanks for having such a great family! You are Jason are the best! Mom in Orem

Dave and Mel said...

Hey Janet! I found you and just had a great time reading all your summer posts. I loved that picture of us at McDonald's and it made me want to hang out again so much. We miss you guys and are really lacking in the social/friend dept. here and we just keep wishing there were some people like you guys here...but I guess you are just one-of-a-kind. Tell everyone hello and I'm excited to keep up better with your blog now :)