Hopefully pictures can do justice for my "perfect" vacation to Fort Lauderdale over Labor Day weekend. Hopefully you can tell that I was having an amazing time because I knew Jason was home with the kids being amazing all by himself. I'm pretty sure you'll notice that being with my best friend and her family, did wonders for my body and soul...okay, maybe not my body so much...unless sweating buckets from humidity and filling up on cheesecake and potato salad are good for you.
You might not see it in the pictures, but singing along to Mamma Mia, running through the waves of the Atlantic, riding in an air-boat through the Everglades, watching a crazy kid wrestle an alligator, a couple good games of Settlers and...if you can believe we really did it...holding a baby crocodile, brought so many smiles to my face that by the end of five days my cheeks were actually sore. I came home to happy kids and a loving husband and now I know that even though she's all the way across the country, Laura and Florida are fabulous...hurricanes and all.
You might not see it in the pictures, but singing along to Mamma Mia, running through the waves of the Atlantic, riding in an air-boat through the Everglades, watching a crazy kid wrestle an alligator, a couple good games of Settlers and...if you can believe we really did it...holding a baby crocodile, brought so many smiles to my face that by the end of five days my cheeks were actually sore. I came home to happy kids and a loving husband and now I know that even though she's all the way across the country, Laura and Florida are fabulous...hurricanes and all.
5 comments:
Darling pictures Janet! I'm glad you got to go to Florida. Hi Laura (from Janet's Mom)- you look happy and cute and so does Janet! Love you both. Mom in Finland
So fun!! Next time you might have to come visit me :-) Glad you had a blast and man playing games I sure do miss that. I see you are drinking a water nice nice........Miss you tons!
Janet,
What a great experience for you! You must have been in seventh heaven. I know you were so bummed about Laura moving. What a treat. Glad you had such a great time!
Janet I need new pictures please!! We miss you all so much. I'm off to eat a york in memory of you.
It was a great trip! Thanks for coming out! We made some great memories! Missing you!
Post a Comment