I LOVE Valentine's Day!
I love making Valentines FOR my kids, I love making Valentines WITH my kids and I love sending Valentines to my nieces, nephews, Grandmas and Grandpas. This February 14th, we copied an idea from my friend, Tasha, and took pictures like this....
With a lollipop and a razor blade turned them into this...

I can honestly say it might have been one of my favorite projects....EVER! And even though the dishes stayed in the sink and the laundry didn't get done for days, it was totally worth it. I hung blankets over the side of the bunk bed and took pictures of the kids. They were good sports about it and Adam's picture turned out kind of like a Valentine miracle. He was so funny trying to be like the big kids and saying, "Cheers" with his sippy cup and "Cheese" for the camera.
Here are some of the pre-takes...
Nate did one picture with a PVC pipe he found in the backyard. It turned out cute because it looked like he was holding a giant lollipop in his hands. He saw that idea in a magazine.
There is a little thing I want to remember about Valentine's Day 2012. Here's background to the story. Jason always writes me a letter for Valentine's Day. It started when he was working at E&Y and February is the middle of crazy, busy season so he wasn't able to spend a whole lot of time planning out something ridiculously romantic. It turns out that now his letter is something I look forward to the most and wouldn't trade for flowers, chocolate or anything.
Recently we got a new printer (because Adam stuck so many things in our old one it finally gave up the ghost.) and it has this feature where you can email things to print even from far away. So on Valentine's Day this year I was sorting the laundry in our room and noticed a stray piece of paper on the floor. Thinking it was something random from the desk, I bent over to pick it up and found my sweet letter from Jason. He had sent it to print from work and it happened to fall from the printer right where the laundry baskets were. Such a great coincidence...the fact he sent it during the day and I found it while doing something around the house that might not seem romantic, but felt easier to do because I knew he was thinking of me. Anyway, it seems simple, but is something I won't ever forget!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU!
-XOXOXO
3 comments:
Oh my heavens! Those Valetine's are so cute, Janet! You are my hero.
Also, thanks so much for the offer to watch Jayden for New Beginnings. That was so sweet of you to be thinking of me.
They turned out so cute! That is still one of my favorite Valentine activities. The kids remember it too!
You always have the best Valentine ideas and I am for sure copying it next year! And remind me of the eye one you did one year?
Post a Comment