Friday, February 3, 2012

Christmas Story #4

I haven't told this Christmas story yet because I can't find the right words and pictures don't always capture it. We surprised the kids this year with a big package under the Christmas tree. When they opened the box it was full of Disneyland "stuff". At first it didn't really sink in and then Jason said, "What does all that have in common?" And Nate was the first to say put it all together. Then Jason said, "We're going to Disneyland!" The part that made the kids most excited was when he added, "We're going with the McMullins!"

We had been talking about this trip with my sister and her family since August, but things didn't finalize with work and plans until December, so it really was a surprise. Everything was so fun and we really had a great trip. Nate was throwing up in the car the whole ride down and Adam threw up in the car the whole ride home, but other than that everything was amazing. (See...I type the word amazing, but it doesn't for a second sum up how we really felt.)



It was so fun to be there with big kids. The Gandolphs (from Springville) were there too and everyone was so nice to hold, chase, push, ride along and help with our little kids. I won't mind if we never go back with a stroller, but being there at Christmastime with the lights and the decorations was a "once in a lifetime" we won't ever forget.


The boys couldn't have come home satisfied
without a chance to shoot the rifles in FrontierLand.



Emily was never worried about stopping to see "princesses"
while we were there, but a couple times we got to sneak away
for some
girlie things. Here she is with Maddy knocking on
Tinkerbell's door hoping the little fairy is home.


Adam is always dreamy, but on this trip he was so good about waiting
while all the big kids went on rides without him (thank goodness for "switch" passes.)
And when he was tired I would say, "It's time to go to sleep in the stroller."
And he would snuggle into his blanket for a short nap.


As we pulled out of the hotel parking lot to head home, we got rear-ended.
I wanted to say, "There's no car-wrecks at Disneyland!" But it wasn't a big deal...
...just inconvenient. I can still easily say it's the "HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!"

No comments: