Nate just turned 10.
Fourth grade has been a magical year so far. Nate seems to have figured out what works for him and the security of the routine and a little bit of independence has made a big bit of difference. He is really happy this year. It doesn't hurt that his best friend Sam is in his class at school, and on his basketball team, and in his Cub Scout den and in our ward at church.
Fourth grade has been a magical year so far. Nate seems to have figured out what works for him and the security of the routine and a little bit of independence has made a big bit of difference. He is really happy this year. It doesn't hurt that his best friend Sam is in his class at school, and on his basketball team, and in his Cub Scout den and in our ward at church.
We took Nate to the orthodontist and this week started his first steps on the path to straight teeth. In the beginning it's these small spacers that are placed in between his back teeth. As we walked into the office, he seemed so grown up to me and I couldn't believe I was a mom who made orthodontist appointments. And then when he walked out he said, "Mom, do I look different?" It was the most innocent little question and brought me back to my reality that he is my sweet boy...braces and all. And no, he doesn't look different, quite yet.
This year I hope to have a few less consequences and a few more talks in the car. As much as I loved the first ten years, I hope as the year progresses I can move on from having a little boy and recognize the significance of this new stage of motherhood. There's so much looking forward to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment